Coming in and doing some olympic lifts does not make you a weightlifter. What makes you a real weightlifter (in my opinion obviously):
1. When all you think about is lifting and you prioritize it before anything else (yeah sometimes including your job).
2. When you want to train so badly that you can’t think about anything else, or when you train even with injuries or pain because not lifting is even more painful.
3. When you eat enough to recover and to gain muscle and strength.
4. When you show up to the gym even if you are tired, sore, or your friends are all out drinking.
5. When you don’t partake in other activities that ruin your progress (aka running, intense cardio, etc.).
6. And, when you don’t complain and cry and you push though even when you’re failing lifts, then you are a real weightlifter … and a real athlete.